- Trusted servants elected to handle money should be chosen with care.
- Checking accounts should require two signatures. Those authorized to sign consist of chairperson, vice-chairperson, treasurer, vice-treasurer, secretary, or finance committee chairperson.
- The functions of collecting cash should be separated from the function of record keeping and audit of records.
- The treasurer shall report income and expenses on a regular (monthly) basis.
- Checks should not be pre-signed.
- Standard accounting procedures should be utilized to record all income and expenses. Groups may consider outside professional accounting or bookkeeping services.
- A finance/spending committee may be established to monitor and approve expenditures. All non operating expenditures should be approved by the finance/spending committee.
- Monies maintained in a general account should be limited to two months operating expenses to curtail embezzlement.
- Receipts and/or invoices should be maintained for all expenditures.
- Copies of all invoices and checks shall be maintained.
- All non-committed funds should be donated to World Service.
- At the Group level, it is recommended that two group members be accountable for Group funds.
- It is recommended that each level of service set up auditing and accounting procedures with appropriate checks and balances.